Featured Post

The power of the strategic plan

In today’s corporate world, whether you are in business, charity, ministry, sports, politics or even the academia it’s important for you to...

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

When you feel like yelling in the bank!

I have had my account progressively depleted by bank charges that I cannot explain. I have a savings account with GT Bank in Nigeria, no matter what the balance is no interest has been  added on all I get is additional charges. First it was just ATM charges for a pittance of N26 a month, then it began to increase. I noted in one month that it had become N65, the last time I checked it had become N76 I suspect before the end of this year the bank will be charging me up N100 per month on my card. Now I need to state here that these charges stand whether I use the card or not. I tried sometime ago to open a Current account with the bank. It took them almost six months to acknowledge my credentials for an additional account. After acknowledging the bank said I have to go to the place where the current was domiciled to collect cheque books and other materials for the account. Now I live in Ogun State of Nigeria and to go all the way to Abule Egba in Lagos just to pick up a cheque book really isn't worth my time and money, so I have decided not to go.
I would sooner open another account in another bank. That would be easier. But GT Bank do not seem to realize that I have not opened the account or at least that I have not started operating it. How do I mean? Well the bank keeps sending me messages every month deducting money from an account that I have not even started using. The last time I checked it was about  -N1,370. Yes minus. So if I go ahead and put money in this account, the first thing the bank would do is subtract that amount of money from it. Its not very much money really and I would not mind except for the wahala involved. But is it really worth it? This is the time when you feel like yelling in the bank. But I have been going to the Ebranch near my residence in Ota without screaming.

No comments: